If you’re serious and I mean ‘serious’, not merely curious, about making 2014 your ‘best year ever‘, first you have to decide what your ‘best year ever’ looks like for you. Start by thinking about and writing down your dreams for 2014? For example, what do you want to achieve, learn, become, do more of, stop doing, start doing?
Why not invest 30 minutes of your time right now and begin to shape the year you want to be part of?
Once you’ve done that, here are 10 strategies and approaches that will energise and direct you on your way to your ‘best year ever’. It’s always worth remembering that life isn’t a rehearsal, this is your one opportunity at life – as far as we know! So what are you waiting for, why not start making a difference TODAY!
How To Make 2014 YOUR Best Year Ever!
1. Throw out non-essential numbers - this includes age, weight and height, ‘followers’, ‘connections’ and ‘friends’, let other people worry about them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends - mix with ‘energisers’, people who make you feel good about yourself. Stay away from ‘sappers’ they only drain your enthusiasm, pull you down and undermine your dreams.
3. Keep learning - learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, photography, basket-weaving, cake decoration, whatever ‘tickles your fancy’. Never let your brain idle, I’ve seen first-hand the pain that can cause. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop’ and the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things in life - take a walk, see the ocean, go to the park, watch a sunrise or sunset, enjoy life’s ‘free’ attractions.
5. Laugh often, long and loud - laugh until you gasp for breath. I took my own advice and just re-watched ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’ with Chevy Chase, gasping for breath doesn’t do the laughter justice in this classic festive movie!
6. Accept that tears happen - endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourself. Be ALIVE whilst you are alive!
7. Surround yourself with what you love - whether it’s family, friends, pets, keepsakes, trophies, photographs, books, music, plants, hobbies, whatever ‘butters your biscuit’.
8. Look after your body - if it’s good – maintain it. If it is ailing – improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve – get professional help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips - take a trip to the shops, the movies, the theatre, the stadium, the next town or city; even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them - frequently, sincerely and at every opportunity. Question: When should you tell your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend that you love them? Answer: Before someone else does?
Which 1, 2 or 3 of these actions would enrich YOUR life the most in 2014? Which would make the biggest difference to your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, or to your children – why not ask them? What about your career; your personal happiness; or your sense of fulfilment?
Why wait until 1st January to start your new year goals, why not take action TODAY and ensure that 2014 is YOUR ‘best year ever!’
Please feel free to share this post with friends, family and colleagues who you think may also be interested in the content.
Meantime best wishes to you and your family for a Merry Christmas and your ‘best year ever’ in 2014.
Onwards + upwards!
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.hodson-associates.co.uk
Twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/Tony_Hodson
Linked In : http://uk.linkedin.com/in/hodsonassociates
Photography : https://www.facebook.com/tonyhodsonphotography
‘Motivating, Educating & Inspiring since 1985′
Copyright © 2013 Hodson Associates. All rights reserved.